Re: keybord problem with version 7 and altgr

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100779] Re: keybord problem with version 7 and altgr
  • From: Peter Breitfeld <phbrf at t-online.de>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 06:06:21 -0400 (EDT)

Bernard wrote:

> Is this problem known ? From version 7, when I use altgr (for [ ] or
> { }), a blank is inserted in front of [ or {.

This seems to happen with some flavours of Linux. A workaround is:

Make a copy of the File /Mathematica/SystemFiles/.../KeyTranslations.tr
(this is needed, because if you make an error editing this file,
Mathematica will not work)

open this file with your editor.

Add the following to the list of KeyEvents:

Item[KeyEvent["ISO_Level3_Shift"],
  FrontEndExecute[{FrontEnd`NotebookWrite[
     FrontEnd`InputNotebook[],Sequence[],After]}]]

This makes Mathematica to insert a Sequence[] at Cursor position when
pressing AltGr. But Sequence[] is nothing.

Save the edited file and restart Mathematica.

I found this workaround in this group, if I remember correctly.

Peter Breitfeld, Bad Saulgau, Germany -- http://www.pBreitfeld.de