Re: Operations on InterpolatingFunction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100855] Re: Operations on InterpolatingFunction
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:52:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Porscha,

obviously there are only rules to integrate InterpolatingFunctions but

none for functions of InterpolatingFunctions.

You could add such rules, but it is easier to write the "function of a

InterpolatingFunction" as an InterpolatingFunction.

E.g. your case:

ifun2 = FunctionInterpolation[ifun[x]^2, {x, 0, Pi}]

Now you can integrate ifun2:

Integrate[ifun2[t], t]

hope this helps, Daniel