How can I parse arguments of an expression unevaluated?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100894] How can I parse arguments of an expression unevaluated?
  • From: Erich Neuwirth <erich.neuwirth at univie.ac.at>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 04:48:44 -0400 (EDT)

What I would like to have is the following:
I want to give the expression
MyFunArgs[1, 2, a = 3, b = 4]
and I would like to get 3 lists,
the first list has all the arguments which are
not written as an assignment, {1,2}
The second list should be a list of strings
with the names of the variables to be assignes
{"a","b"}
and the third list should be the values to be assigned:
{3,4}

so
MyFunArgs[1, 2, a = 3, b = 4]
should produce