Re: Help with HoldAll needed
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg100923] Re: Help with HoldAll needed
- From: Raffy <raffy at mac.com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 04:54:01 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
On Jun 17, 1:45 am, Erich Neuwirth <erich.neuwi... at univie.ac.at> wrote: > I define > > MyFun[x_]:=Unevaluated[x] > SetAttributes[MyFun,HoldAllComplete] > > MyFun[2 = 3] > still evaluated the argument and of course produces an error > I would like to get the unevaluated expression to be able > to separate the first argument. > > In fact, I would like MyFun to be a macro which allows me > to play list processing games with the arguments. > > How can this be accomplished? Use Hold instead of Unevaluated.