SphericalHarmonics strange behavior

Hi all,

working with some spherical harmonics and have some questions about the code as implemented in mathematica.

based on http://mathworld.wolfram.com/SphericalHarmonic.html

I put together the following code to see what is implemented

th1 = 1.324;
ph1 = 5.231;

diffY[l_, m_, t_, p_] :=
  Module[{val1, val2}, val1 = SphericalHarmonicY[l, m, t, p];
        val2 =
    Sqrt[((2*l + 1)*(l - m)!)/((4*Pi)*(l + m)!)]*
     LegendreP[l, m, Cos[t]]*E^(I*m*p);
        Print[{val1, val2, Abs[val1 - val2]}];
   Return[Abs[val1 - val2]]; ];

diffY[1, 1, th1, ph1]

diffY[1, -1, th1, ph1]

Clearly there is some sign error somewhere I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

thanks
Luke