Re: Slow performance gathering property data from fitted

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101022] Re: [mg101013] Slow performance gathering property data from fitted
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 07:05:22 -0400 (EDT)

Did you do something equivalent to this?

data := Table[{3 + i + RandomReal[{-3, 7}],
    i + RandomReal[{-2, 5}]}, {i, 1, 20}]

Timing[models = Array[LinearModelFit[data, x, x] &, 70000];]

{90.2283, Null}

Timing[rsquares = Through[models@"RSquared"];]

{40.3059, Null}

ListPlot@rsquares

Notice, the RSquare values came out faster than the model fitting.

Bobby

DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com