Two questions about modification of a matrix.
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg101041] Two questions about modification of a matrix.
- From: Mayasky <alix.zhang at gmail.com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 04:22:19 -0400 (EDT)
Suppose there is a N*N matrix.
1. How can I change all elements that satisfy i*j>N to 0 ? (Here i, j
is position of this element, as in mat[[i,j]])
2. How can I change all negative elements in that matrix to 0 ?
I know a "for loop" can be used, I just wonder if there is any more
concise and beautiful ways. (I doubt Mathematica doesn't have a 'find'
function as in another system which conveniently returns indice of elements
that satisfy a certain condition)
Prev by Date:
Putting an If in my function
Next by Date:
Needs, BeginPackage, filename
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: Re: Putting an If in my function
Next by thread:
Re: Two questions about modification of a matrix.