Needs[], BeginPackage[], filename

Needs[] allows the context and filename to be specified.

BeginPackage[] allows a context and not a file name.

Then, my packages require two steps, as in the following example:

** start **

Needs["sizedistribution`", "size functions.m"]

BeginPackage["tandemdma`", {"sizedistribution`"}]

** stop **

Are two steps really necessary or am I missing something very simple?

My goal would be to just forego Needs[] and handle everything in one step
with BeginPackage, but I cannot figure out a way to feed the filename to
BeginPackage[].

I had a search on the MathArchives, but I did not succed in locating any
material addressing this question.

Thanks for any quick hints!