palette creation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101092] palette creation
  • From: "alexxx.magni at gmail.com" <alexxx.magni at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 06:28:56 -0400 (EDT)

I never - up to now - needed to create a custom palette,
but now I urgently need to do it, to quickly write a long document
containing often-repeated pieces/symbols/formulas.

I tried on the net and found at http://documents.wolfram.com/mathematica/book/section-1.10.12
a sequence of steps that - though aimed at V5.2 - seemed easy and
direct. Yet they're clearly unsupported in V7, since I obtain a
palette, true, but not working.
>From the Help Center it seems to me that I'll have to use
CreatePalette, and use PasteButton[] at each button:  I'm surprised
that the old method which was so direct and wysiwyg has been
unsupported.

Or am I wrong?

alessandro