Re: Re: Re: Take away the sliders

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg101232] Re: [mg101181] Re: [mg101156] Re: [mg101122] Take away the sliders
  • From: Bob Hanlon <hanlonr at>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 06:04:57 -0400 (EDT)

Earlier versions used {bottom, left, top, right}, i.e., clockwise starting at the bottom. This was the logical continuation of the {bottom, left}. This older form still works and is simpler to enter, so I don't often use the new form.

Bob Hanlon

---- Murray Eisenberg <murray at> wrote:

I don't understand the FrameLabel syntax used below.  According to the
docs, the value for the option, when all 4 boundaries of the frame,
etc., are to be labeled, is { {left, right}, {bottom, top} }.  For example:

The preceding puts those labels where their names lead you to expect. On
the other hand, the following input...

puts "left" on the bottom, "right" on the left, "bottom" on the top, and
"top" on the right.

The only non-nested list syntax indicated in the More Information at
ref/FrameLabel is of the form {bottom, left}.

Bob Hanlon wrote:
> Manipulate[a + b,
>  {{a, 0}, ControlType -> InputField},
>  {{b, 0}, ControlType -> InputField},
>  FrameLabel -> {None, None, "a + b", None}]
> Manipulate[a + b,
>  {{a, 0}, InputField},
>  {{b, 0}, InputField},
>  FrameLabel -> {None, None, "a + b", None}]
> ---- Lobotomy <labbman at> wrote:
> ...I just want to use the boxes below the sliders to enter the parameter
> values. I dont want to use the sliders or the other functions coming
> with Manipulate. Is there another commando i can use than manipulate,
> or just a way to remove the sliders?

Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305