Re: Possible bug in Mathematica 7 using ColorFunction

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101137] Re: Possible bug in Mathematica 7 using ColorFunction
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2009 07:11:14 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Jeff,

I don't have the problem with the overlapping m. The impact of the
presence of the color function seems to be that the font is replaced
by a bitmapped version or so. Without the color function the font is
smoothed and anti-aliased, with the color function it's not.

Looks like a clear bug to me. You might consider reporting this to
support at wolfram.com.

I don't seem to need the [#]& behind the colorfunction. It's a
redundant notation anyways.

I used a slightly modified version of your code:

Plot[x, {x, 1, 1000}, ColorFunction -> (ColorData["VisibleSpectrum"]),
  ColorFunctionScaling -> False, Filling -> Axis, Frame -> True,
 FrameLabel -> "Wavelength (\[Mu]m)"]

The y=x in the Plot argument was probably erroneous.

Cheers -- Sjoerd