- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg101176] Re: Ansatz?
- From: "M.Roellig" <markus.roellig at googlemail.com>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 06:48:21 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
> > Also, "ansatz" might relate etymologically to "ersatz", which means > "cheap substitute". No it doesn't. Ersatz can be translated in many ways. But it doesn't inherently involve any assessment, or quality statement. Some common translations are: replacement alternative compensation reimbursement reparation substitute Cheers, Markus