Simple question about named variables.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101187] Simple question about named variables.
  • From: Pianiel <pdpdel at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 06:50:30 -0400 (EDT)

Dear Mathematica users,

I would like to write a function which clears many variables called:

Test1,Test2,...

So I write the function:

ClearI[i_] := Clear@ToExpression@StringJoin["Test", ToString@i]

Test1 = 1;
Test2 = 2;

ClearI[1] does not work because the expression is evaluated. What
mathematica does is Clear@1. How could I ask Mathematica to do
Clear@Test1, Clear@Test2, ... automatically?

I am sure that the solution is simple... but I could not find it.

Thank you in advance

Pianiel