Re: Example for NetworkFlow function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg96996] Re: Example for NetworkFlow function
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 04:57:19 -0500 (EST)

Not sure whether this helps, but as an example the network in the
wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_network)
translates to (if I'm interpreting everything right):

NetworkFlow[FromAdjacencyMatrix[{{Infinity, 5, 3, Infinity, Infinity,
         Infinity}, {0, Infinity, 2, 3, Infinity, Infinity},
       {0, 2, Infinity, Infinity, 4, Infinity}, {Infinity, 0,
    Infinity,
         Infinity, 1, 2}, {Infinity, Infinity, 0, 0, Infinity, 5},
       {Infinity, Infinity, Infinity, 0, 0, Infinity}},
  EdgeWeight], 1, 6]

You're talking about sinks and sources. Judging from the documentation
I'd say only one sink and one source are possible.

Cheers -- Sjoerd