custom coordinate systems in mathematica Help!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97062] custom coordinate systems in mathematica Help!
  • From: Magician <jadoo.dost at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 07:12:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi!,
HELP!

I've asked this question a couple of times but never received an
answer.

I have a new coordinate system to deal with.
x=f(u, v,w)
y=g(u,v,w)
z=h(u,v,w)
(x,y,z) are Cartesian
and it's inverse is known.
How can I program this in Mathematica and compute the gradient, curl,
divergence, laplacian
and other operators in this coordinate system ????