Re: custom coordinate systems in mathematica Help!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg97116] Re: custom coordinate systems in mathematica Help!
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 04:58:15 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: Uni Leipzig
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de
Hi, there is a package "VectorAnalysis", you can load it with Needs["VectorAnalysis`"] and that does this for the most coordinate systems. You need only look in the source code of the package to extend it to your coordinate system if it is not already defined in "VectorAnalysis`". Regards Jens Magician wrote: > Hi!, > HELP! > > I've asked this question a couple of times but never received an > answer. > > > I have a new coordinate system to deal with. > x=f(u, v,w) > y=g(u,v,w) > z=h(u,v,w) > (x,y,z) are Cartesian > and it's inverse is known. > How can I program this in Mathematica and compute the gradient, curl, > divergence, laplacian > and other operators in this coordinate system ???? >