Wolfram Workbench source editor and corrupted file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97120] Wolfram Workbench source editor and corrupted file
  • From: "Kelly, Mark C" <mkel at risoe.dtu.dk>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Mar 2009 05:09:40 -0500 (EST)

Hello, I have a simple question.

I have an important Mathematica Notebook (.nb) file which became corrupted.
The end of it is missing (incomplete), and I cannot seem to salvage the
contents yet.

I read that I could use the Source Editor in Wolfram-Workbench to
examine the corrupted file, and make usable the "complete" parts which
are still there.

However, it is not apparent how to "see" (view/edit) the NoteBook file
in Workbench. I have imported it, but I cannot see it...I just see a
4-line long bit.

But using a text editor I see that there are really thousands of lines.

My question is:  how can I view and edit the nb file, so as to "fix" it
to make parts of it usable again?

Maybe vim or Notepad+ or the like are preferable to the WW SourceEditor?

Thank you for any info or assistance,

/Mark

Mark C Kelly, PhD
Scientist, Ris=F8/DTU