Re: Wolfram Workbench source editor and corrupted file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97197] Re: Wolfram Workbench source editor and corrupted file
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 02:42:45 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I couldn't resist to tried to open a 4MB file with changed settings for
the mathematica source editor within workbench and found that it works
reasonably well, even with the default settings for the JVM. You just
shouldn't try to save the file. What can be done reasonably well is to
select cells one by one, copy the cell expression to the clipboard and
paste these directly into a notebook within the mathematica frontend.

What I did to make this work is to switch off every feature of the
mathematica source editor except the "Expand the selection with
klicking" and increased the value for the "Ignore files greater than"
setting as described in my pervious post.

So if you manage to open your file that way it would really be a very
convenient way to select and copy all intact cells from the notebook
file within the mathematica source editor and copy them to a new notebook.

hth,

albert