Re: Style for function calls?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97184] Re: [mg97143] Style for function calls?
  • From: DrMajorBob <btreat1 at austin.rr.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 02:40:24 -0500 (EST)

I use // when it's an afterthought -- a function I want to apply after
everything else, especially if I'm likely to remove that step, a bit later.

I use f@something when f has a single argument and "something" is simple.
Cos@x, for instance, but Cos[x+1]. In both cases, I'm using fewer
keystrokes than Cos[x] or Cos@(x+1).

I mix operator forms to avoid deep nesting of brackets, to the point that
the human eye can't tell what function is applied to what.

But, by all means, do it any way you like!

Bobby

DrMajorBob at bigfoot.com