Re: Style for function calls?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97217] Re: Style for function calls?
  • From: Raffy <raffy at mac.com>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2009 05:52:29 -0500 (EST)

I agree with some of the above statements.

1. I never use postfix in any routines.  I usually only for testing
and debugging code in notebook format.  As said above, its useful for
doing lazy transformation and works well under the analog of pipes.

2. I never use infix beyond the built in uses.

3. I prefer to use prefix for avoiding trails of end-brackets, however
I never prefix to a single value.
ie. f[g[h[i]]]] -> f@g@h[i]

4. I try to avoid the use of explicit parentheses.
ie. f /@ ( .... ), to me, looks better as: Map[f, ...]

5. Lastly, I am free to break any rule and restructure my code if
"order of operation" is not obvious.
However, this rarely happens if you stick to the above or similar
criterion.