Polygon with holes

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg97290] Polygon with holes
  • From: Harrie Kraai <hakraai at>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 05:34:31 -0500 (EST)

Hi group,

Does anyone know of a facility for Polygons (graphics) with holes inside?
I guess there is no such thing as an oriented polygon in Mathematica?
Or a polygon consisting of disjoint lines (inner and outer contours,
clockwise and counterclockwise)?

I can see that it is possible to connect outer and inner contours using
a dummy line, but that is not so easy to program in a generic way.

Solutions such as creating an artificial hole by another Polygon in the
background colour are not really acceptable.

Polygon's with holes would be very useful for maps etc.