RE: Re: Wolfram/Alpha (Wikipedia page restored)
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg97364] RE: [mg97345] Re: Wolfram/Alpha (Wikipedia page restored)
- From: "Ingolf Dahl" <f9aid at chalmers.se>
- Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 02:15:24 -0500 (EST)
- Organization: University of Gothenburg
- References: <200903110925.EAA01601@smc.vnet.net>
- Reply-to: <ingolf.dahl at physics.gu.se>
To be honest, Wolfram|Alpha is not THAT big at Google. I got 473000 hits for
wolfram alpha, but if I look at hits 451-469, none of them refer to the
Wolfram|Alpha project. If I put "Wolfram Alpha" (with citation marks) I get
exactly 337 hits today. But that is at least more than 42 (base ten).
From: Dr. David Kirkby [mailto:david.kirkby at onetel.net]
Sent: den 11 mars 2009 10:25
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
Subject: [mg97364] [mg97345] Re: Wolfram/Alpha (Wikipedia page restored)
I made the point to the Wikipedia editor that removed the entry (
Accounting4Taste) that a Google search of "Wolfram Alpha" generated 2.1
million hits and that any technology which is generating 2.1 million
Google hits before it is officially released, must be conceived by many
to have significant importance.
He/she accepted this, and the page has now been restored.
So if someone who knows about the technology can edit the Wikipedia page
you can now do so.
Prev by Date:
Re: Share symbols among packages
Next by Date:
Re: about mathlink connection
Previous by thread:
Re: Re: Wolfram/Alpha (Wikipedia page restored)
Next by thread:
Re: Wolfram/Alpha (Wikipedia page restored)