Re: Flipping axes on Graphics

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97415] Re: Flipping axes on Graphics
  • From: Harrie Kraai <hakraai at xs4all.nl>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 05:44:32 -0500 (EST)

Dear Sidney, I think the only way to go is to flip the graph and use
explicit Ticks.

Plot[-Sin[x], {x, 0, 2 Pi},
  Ticks -> {Automatic, {{-1, 1}, 0, {1, -1}}}];

However I do not really like this solution because you bypass
Mathematica's cleaver Ticks selection algorithm.
You can put in some of your own cleaverness using the Ticks->'func'
option (see documentation for Ticks)

Another one of my feature requests to Wolfram would be to be able to
supply an (e.g.) TickLabelFunction option that would be able to modify
the Tick labels. Sometimes it is desired to simply divide by 1000 or, as
in your case, negate. So: TickLabelFunction->{Automatic,(-#)&} would be
excellent. Alas....

HK