Two Notebooks Open at the Same Time

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to have more than one notebook active at a time, that
is, so that the variables of one do not conflict with variables in
another whose names are the same.  I notice that when I open a
Mathematica 7 notebook, under the Evaluation menu, the Default Kernel
is local, the Notebook's Kernel is local, and the Notebook's Default
Context is global.  Do I need to change anything?

Regards,

	Gregory