Re: FullGraphics of Graphics3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97687] Re: FullGraphics of Graphics3D
  • From: replicatorzed at gmail.com
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 04:58:24 -0500 (EST)

On Mar 14, 11:39 am, Jens-Peer Kuska <ku... at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
wrote:
> This function does not exist ?
> You must write your own ...
>
> Regards
>    Jens
>
> replicator... at gmail.com wrote:
> > No idea, anyone?
>
> > Istvan

Dear Jens,

I would, if I had the slightest idea how to extract axis data and
other details from the Graphics3D data. Which I (and others, it seems
so) don't know. Still I could do it the hard way, to manually input
primitives to work as axes, ticks, labels, etc., but frankly, this
does not worth the effort. I was simply interested in how others deal
with the problem, namely: how to combine two 3D graphics such that
they are reproduced in 3D space e.g. side by side, but with their own
Boxes, Axes, and other details as well, not the way Show would do it.
If noone has any idea beside writing it myself, I leave this topic
die.

Istvan