Re: Incompatible units?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg97738] Re: [mg97733] Incompatible units?
- From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
- Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 02:39:26 -0500 (EST)
- References: <7631180.1237458918195.JavaMail.root@m02>
Why don't you give us a complete set of evaluable code, including loading the package. Without that it is difficult to see what is happening. David Park djmpark at comcast.net http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/ From: Mathias Lindner [mailto:mathias.lindner at web.de] Hi Today I struggled with the units package - again... Let me show you what I did: Dynamic[Subscript[\[Tau], p]] Subscript[l, case] \[Lambda] = \Convert[Subscript[l, case]/Dynamic[Subscript[\[Tau], p]], 1] This input results in: 27.4889 Meter Milli 281 Meter Milli Convert::incomp : Incompatible units in (281 Meter Milli)/(27.4889 Meter Milli) and 1. (281 Meter Milli)/(27.4889 Meter Milli) If I don't use dynamic but constant tau_p everything is fine... So Mathematica isn't able to to reduce this fraction? What's the reason for this behaviour and what can I do about it? Thanks for your help! Mathias