Re: demonstrations and presentations

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97749] Re: [mg97721] demonstrations and presentations
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 02:41:29 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 02:14:10 -0500 (EST), Filippo Miatto wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> Perhaps i'm wrong, but I read on the demonstrations section of the
> wolfram website that to create a demonstration that can be used with
> the viewer you need to submit it, and that it's not possible to create
> one by yourself. did i get it correctly?
> My problem is that i am preparing a presentation and i would like to
> show a notebook with a dynamic content in the demonstrations fashon,
> and i'm really not convinced that there is mathematica 7 installed in
> the computer where i'll have to open the presentation file (but if the
> demonstration file could be seen by the viewer I could carry it in a
> usb stick..!)
> did you ever had this problem? what do you suggest?
> Thank you in advance!
> Filippo

I believe (but am not certain) that if you submit a demonstration that you, as
the author, will get immediate access to a download of an .nbp file which could
be used in Player.

Whether or not that's the case, though, you can definitely generate a .nbp file
for your personal use by using the Publish for Player mechanism available at
this website:

http://www.wolfram.com/solutions/interactivedeployment/publish/

Sincerely,

John Fultz