Import ZIP, 5000+ Files per Archive

I have a large directory of zip archives, each containing about 5000
files.

When I use Import[] to extract just the FileNames component, it takes
forever.
The archives themselves can be extracted outside of Mathematica in
just a few seconds.

Any suggestions?  Or must I resort to using the command line?