Import ZIP, 5000+ Files per Archive

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97958] Import ZIP, 5000+ Files per Archive
  • From: Raffy <raffy at mac.com>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 05:24:39 -0500 (EST)

I have a large directory of zip archives, each containing about 5000
files.

When I use Import[] to extract just the FileNames component, it takes
forever.
The archives themselves can be extracted outside of Mathematica in
just a few seconds.

Any suggestions?  Or must I resort to using the command line?