Re: utterly confused by Lightweight Grid
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg97943] Re: utterly confused by Lightweight Grid
- From: jfk46226 at gmail.com
- Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 05:21:50 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mar 25, 5:45 am, Vince <blues... at gmail.com> wrote: > Licenses aside, three related questions: > > 1. Does Wolfram Lightweight Grid contain a copy of Mathematica 7.0.1? Yes. > 2. If so, is that the media it uses to provide a "computation" kernel? Yes. You can also configure it to launch kernels from other Mathematica installations on the same computer. Under the Kernel Settings tab in the web interface, change the path in KernelCommand to another installation, e.g. a Mathematica 7.0.0 installation. > 3. If so, can this be incompatible with a master kernel and/or other > computation kernels at version 7.0.0? We recommend you use 7.0.1 for the master kernel, but you can also use 7.0.0 for that. On the server side, Lightweight Grid Manager will happily launch kernels from 6.0, 7.0.0, or 7.0.1.