Re: How do I hide all input in a Mathematica notebook?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97980] Re: How do I hide all input in a Mathematica notebook?
  • From: dbreiss at gmail.com
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 05:34:03 -0500 (EST)

One very clean way to do this would be to create a copy of the
notebook for delivery to your boss.  Then in this copy execute

Module[{nb},
 nb = EvaluationNotebook[];
 NotebookFind[EvaluationNotebook[], "Input", All, CellStyle];
 NotebookDelete[nb]]

Within your boss's notebook.

This will remove, rather than hide, the input cels in that copy of the
notebook.

However, if you wanted to just hid those cells you could execute

Module[{nb},
 nb = EvaluationNotebook[];
 NotebookFind[EvaluationNotebook[], "Input", All, CellStyle];
 SetOptions[NotebookSelection[nb], CellOpen -> False,
  ShowCellBracket -> False]
 ]

in that notebook...

Hope this helps....
More advanced methods using tagging could be used (see "The Joy of
Tagging: Manipulating and Mining Notebooks in Mathematica" at
http://scientificarts.com/worklife/notebooks/

I hope that this helps,

David