Re: Detecting CD driver availability
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg98043] Re: Detecting CD driver availability
- From: ADL <alberto.dilullo at tiscali.it>
- Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 02:41:27 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
You might try with FileType["d:\\"], which returns None if the CD is not inserted and Directory if it is. The problem is that, in my version 184.108.40.206 on Vista, the dialog pop-up has a strange behavior: if, from the file system window, I apply Eject twice, the pop-up window does not appear. If I apply Eject once (as normally expected) it appears. You could check if this is the same for XP. By the way, I do not know how to eject a CD programmatically from Mathematica. Such a command does not seem to be present ADL On 28 Mar, 11:43, Ignacio Plazeta <Ignacio.Plaz... at speednet.es> wrote: > Hi ! > > Unfortunately, it dosn't work. ...