Re: Cycling through windows with a keyboard shortcut

On Mar 28, 4:43 am, Peter Breitfeld <ph... at t-online.de> wrote:
> Szabolcs wrote:
> > CTRL+F6 can be used to cycle through notebook windows (at least on
> > Windows), but it is not a very convenient keyboard shortcut.  To use
> > it, one either has to use both hands, or move one hand from the normal
> > position.
>
> > I'd like to associate a more accessible keyboard shortcut with this
> > function.  Is there a front end token for cycling through windows? =
 If
> > no, is there any other way one can implement cycling through windows
> > (both notebooks and documentation) without using the kernel?
>
> I'm not on Windows. On my Mac cycling is done with "cmd-<". This is not
> done by Mathematica but the System. Does Ctrl-F6 work for you in other
> applications too? Then I think you should try to alter this
> key-combination in Windows (if it's possible there)
>
> Peter
> --
> Peter Breitfeld, Bad Saulgau, Germany --http://www.pBreitfeld.de

I think the standard way to cycle thru multiple windows of the same
application is CMD-` (backtick) on a Mac. I tried the CMD-< and I get
a beep.

There was a post about this same issue a while back -- see
http://forums.wolfram.com/mathgroup/archive/2007/Aug/msg00999.html for
another possible way.

-Bob