- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg99301] Inverse function
- From: davef <davidfrick2003 at yahoo.com>
- Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 05:59:08 -0400 (EDT)
I have two questions:
1. Is it possible to find the inveses function for one-to-one function in Mathematica 7?
For example the inverse of 5/(2-x) is 2-(5/x). I have tried Inverse and InverseFunction but I cannot produce the inverse function.
Can anyone explain how to get Mathematica to produce this result? (See attached output screenshot.)
2. Is it possible to change the format of the output for a recprical?
For example, instead of writing the output of Inverse[5/(2-x)] as (5/(2-x))^-1, can the output be set to produce (2-x)/5?
Prev by Date:
Re: Convex hull
Next by Date:
Re: Re: New Wolfram Tutorial Collection documentation is
Previous by thread:
Re: ListPointPlot3D colors from data
Next by thread:
Re: Inverse function