Re: RegionPlot3d under sampling plot points?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99490] Re: RegionPlot3d under sampling plot points?
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
  • Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 05:29:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

the problem comes from the fact, that the region becomes very thin

compared to the plot range. The numerical algorithm seems to have

problems to decide if the region exists or not.

An easy work around would be make the surface "thick" by deleting the

inequality: z<= x

or you could make it "thick enough" by specifying e.g.: z <= x + 10000

Daniel