Re: Odd ordering of results?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg99569] Re: Odd ordering of results?
- From: mark mcclure <mcmcclur at unca.edu>
- Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 00:15:36 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
On May 7, 6:35 am, AES <sieg... at stanford.edu> wrote: > What puzzles me -- not a problem, just curious -- is the _order_ in > which these rules [... to Solve ...] appear. > > Odd . . . (seems like the natural thing would be to order the list on > the left side of the en-><stuff> terms, getting e2 to e7 in either case) Well, the results are not sorted in any canonical sense. You can see this by executing: Sort[waveSolns[]] Presumably, they appear in the order that the algorithm produces them and there's no reason to expect that this order might look natural. Mark McClure