Plotting in a dynamic environment.

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99614] Plotting in a dynamic environment.
  • From: mgoic <magoic at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 03:21:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,

I am having problems when trying to plot an expression in a Dynamic
model using manipulate tool. For example, in this simple code I can
plot the function (first plot), I can evaluate its value in a
manipulate environment (second plot), but when trying to plot in a
dynamic environment I just get empty axis (third plot).

myfun = x^2 + 3 t x ;
t = 1;
Plot[myfun, {x, 0, 2}]
Clear[t]
Manipulate[Evaluate[myfun], {x, 1, 2}, {{t, 1}, 0, 10}]
Manipulate[Plot[Evaluate[myfun], {x, 1, 2}], {{t, 1}, 0, 10}]

Any idea of what I am doing wrong? I will really appreciate any
guidance.

Regards,
Marcel Goic