Getting Workbench to Work

Hello,

after watching the screencasts I decided to try out the Wolfram
Workbench. But now I am stuck with organization of the package files.

I have set the MATHEMATICA_USERBASE environment variable to my
personal path, say C:\local\Mma

Then I have set the Workbench workplace to C:\local\Mma\Applications
and created a new application project myTest and added a small
function to the package.

Now when I start the notebook myTest.nb and call the function, it is
not found. The same happens if I create a new package myPackage in the
project and try to load it with Needs["myTest`myPackage`"].

Can you help to get started here?

Kind regards,
Karsten.