Re: NDSolve: Functions in PDEs have different number of variables
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg99662] Re: NDSolve: Functions in PDEs have different number of variables
- From: Jens-Peer Kuska <kuska at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
- Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 05:18:40 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
as already told you, a G[t] is also
G[x,t] and G[x,y,t] and G[x,y,z,t] ...
Blue Fly wrote:
> Dear Mathgroup:
> I recently asked a question about solving a set of PDEs. My question could
> be abstracted as the follows:
> Two functions, F[x, t] and G[t], satisfy a set of PDEs of two equations:
> Equation one involves D[F[x, t], x], D[F[x, t], t], and G[t];
> while Equation two involves F[0, t] and D[G[t], t].
> When solving the set of PDEs, NDSolve complains that F[x, t] and G[t] have
> different number of variables, even though the problem is physically
> I would appreciate if someone could provide a hint on this questions.
Prev by Date:
Re: Replace specific element with specific value.
Next by Date:
Re: a' vs a and a vs a' looks different in streamplot
Previous by thread:
NDSolve: Functions in PDEs have different number of variables
Next by thread:
Manipulate Issue - resend with code