Re: What happened to StandardForm?

Kevin J. McCann wrote:
> I used to be able to cut and paste a newsgroup example, do a ctl-shift-N
> and turn it into StandardForm. This key stroke sequence seems to have
> vanished. Any ideas?
>
> Kevin

It works for me, using Mathematica 7.0 on Windows. I wonder if you are
actually encountering this issue with Thunderbird:

x circumflex 2 (* where you use the ^ operator! *)

prints using normal superscript notation, which looks great until you
copy and paste it into Mathematica, when it comes out as x2.

If this is your actual problem, a partial solution is to view the
message source and copy and paste from that.

David Bailey
http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk