Mathematica and desktop search

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104454] Mathematica and desktop search
  • From: ntgladd at gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 03:58:24 -0500 (EST)

A recent computer failure has afforded me the opportunity to rethink the
tools I use.

I have accumulated 1000s of notebooks over the years and have found the
Copernic search engine a good way to rediscover old work. However, the
Copernic search logic (in the free version, at least) is more limited than
I would like.

I'm sure many mathgroup regulars have come up with good methods for
searching their libraries of notebooks.
Would you share your experience?

Thanks,
Tom Gladd