Re: How to calculate a union

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104462] Re: How to calculate a union
  • From: ADL <alberto.dilullo at tiscali.it>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 03:59:57 -0500 (EST)

I do not know why Export seems to behave as you say, but you can
compute in advance the number of terms in each file with this formula:

filelengths = Reverse@CoefficientList[Expand[(x + 1)^n], x]

where the first value (always 1) is for index 0, and so on.
The total Total[filelengths] is of course equal to 2^n.

With this, you might compute in advance the memory required for your
operation and establish when it is too much.

ADL