Re: How do I get Mathematica to Simplify this to 1?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104520] Re: How do I get Mathematica to Simplify this to 1?
  • From: Albert Retey <awnl at gmx-topmail.de>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 02:52:26 -0500 (EST)

dushan schrieb:
> Thank you all for the replies.
>
> The central point seems to be that Norm ignores the previously stated
> Assumptions, and Simplify has to re-introduce them.  Strange.
>
> Peter, thank you for the starter palette, which I'll extend.  It'll
> come in especially handy to decipher David's and DrMajorBob's
> comments :)

I think you should also remember that you can search the documentation
centers search field for any shortcut you might find in code and don't
understand. That will bring you to the corresponding function page(s) in
all cases you mentioned. In many cases also just typing e.g. ?!! and
evaluate will give you information about the shortcuts...

hth,

albert