Re: what's wrong with these expressions?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg104640] Re: what's wrong with these expressions?
- From: dushan <dushanm at spinn.net>
- Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2009 03:52:38 -0500 (EST)
- References: <email@example.com>
On Nov 4, 12:19 am, dushan <dush... at spinn.net> wrote: > To check the result I asked to display the inner product > Subscript[nn,p][z].Subscript[n,p][z] > and got the error message 'Recursion depth 256 exceeded'. > > <SNIP> > What could possibly be changing that sometimes, but not always, > produces the error messages in these two cases? I'm at a loss to know > what to watch out for. Oops! For this last problem I finally found the cause: I had inadvertently used the same symbol for two different definitions, one of which used the other definition. This of course would produce the recursivity that trip- ped me up. Strange how my mind could compartmentalize separate defini- tions without noticing they had the same label! - Dushan