Re: How can I change the default path for the function "Put"?

Use SetDirectory[ dir ], which sets the current working directory to
dir.

SetDirectory[] sets the current working directory to your home
directory.

SetDirectory[ NotebookDirectory[] ] sets the current working directory
to the same directory as the notebook you are working in (very
useful).  NotebookDirectory[] was introduced in version 6; if you are
using an earlier version, I can send you a function to put in your
init.m file to do the same thing.

Daniel