Re: How can I change the default path for the function "Put"?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg104652] Re: How can I change the default path for the function "Put"?
- From: "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McCann at umbc.edu>
- Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 05:14:25 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jian, If you want the output where your notebook is, try SetDirectory[NotebookDirectory] and then do your Put. If you want the output in some other directory, first use SetDirectory["output directory"], and then use your Put. Kevin Jian wrote: > In my computer, when I use "Put" (or ">>") to save some data to the > computer, Mathematica automatically outputs the data to a network hard > disk, where the "My Documents" folder is. Although I know I can check > this path using "$InitialDirectory" command, I do not know how to > change it to a local folder. Would anyone help me, PLZ? Thanks! >