Re: How can I change the default path for the function "Put"?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg104651] Re: How can I change the default path for the function "Put"?
- From: Helen Read <hpr at together.net>
- Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 05:14:13 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jian wrote: > In my computer, when I use "Put" (or ">>") to save some data to the > computer, Mathematica automatically outputs the data to a network hard > disk, where the "My Documents" folder is. Although I know I can check > this path using "$InitialDirectory" command, I do not know how to > change it to a local folder. Would anyone help me, PLZ? Thanks! Use SetDirectory to set the directory to anywhere you like. SetDirectory["full path here"] Even easier, you can set the directory to the directory where the current notebook is saved to. SetDirectory[NotebookDirectory] I often put that statement in an initialization cell at the top of my notebook if I am going to a lot of importing or exporting. -- HPR