Re: Mathematica skill level snippet(s)

On Nov 11, 4:36 am, fd <fdi... at gmail.com> wrote:
[snip]
> What I'm not quite happy with is when some options are given as
> strings (for e.g. the ColorFunction option in DensityPlot[Sin[x y],
> {x, 0, 3}, {y, 0, 3},  ColorFunction -> "BlueGreenYellow"] ), this
> confuses me a bit as I can't know all the options available apart from
> looking in the documentation . . .
[snip]

"documentation" is precisely where all available options should be
listed [*]. Fun as it might be, Mathematica should not assume or
tacitly rely on users spelunking to find approved options (not
obsolete, deprecated, or experimental).

Vince Virgilio

[*] This applies as well to default option values. For example,
PlotStyle's spec as Automatic in Plot[] would benefit from some
elaboration.