Re: Set::setps error? Twitter.m's OOP-like approach?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg104881] Re: Set::setps error? Twitter.m's OOP-like approach?
- From: Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 06:05:53 -0500 (EST)
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
DrMajorBob wrote: >> So I can verify it's the same object, but I can't mutate it > > Help says: "lhs === rhs yields True if the expression lhs is identical to > rhs, and yields False otherwise." That means the two EXPRESSIONS are > identical, not that the two are the same OBJECT. Well, that sure explains that! Obviously pure misunderstanding on my part, I read something about `===` somewhere along the line that was mistaken and just carried it forward. Should have double-checked the (excellent) documentation itself first. Thanks! -- Erik Max Francis && max at alcyone.com && http://www.alcyone.com/max/ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 18 N 121 57 W && AIM/Y!M/Skype erikmaxfrancis It is dark in my favorite dream. -- Aaliyah