Re: Set::setps error? Twitter.m's OOP-like approach?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104881] Re: Set::setps error? Twitter.m's OOP-like approach?
  • From: Erik Max Francis <max at alcyone.com>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 06:05:53 -0500 (EST)

DrMajorBob wrote:
>> So I can verify it's the same object, but I can't mutate it
>
> Help says: "lhs === rhs yields True if the expression lhs is identical to
> rhs, and yields False otherwise." That means the two EXPRESSIONS are
> identical, not that the two are the same OBJECT.

Well, that sure explains that!  Obviously pure misunderstanding on my
part, I read something about `===` somewhere along the line that was
mistaken and just carried it forward.  Should have double-checked the
(excellent) documentation itself first.

Thanks!

  San Jose, CA, USA && 37 18 N 121 57 W && AIM/Y!M/Skype erikmaxfrancis
   It is dark in my favorite dream.
    -- Aaliyah