Scripts to stop/start windows programs/services, help w execute on

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg104926] Scripts to stop/start windows programs/services, help w execute on
  • From: telefunkenvf14 <rgorka at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 05:56:23 -0500 (EST)

I've been using Windows LiveSync to automatically sync content between
my tablet and desktop. I'd like to use SystemOpen[] to automatically
disable LiveSync while I'm working in Mathematica, to avoid
unnecessary sync operations, as well as disable Windows Search
indexing.

Here's a start. (Code runs in an initialization cell.)

SystemOpen["C:\Users\x61Tablet\Documents
\ServicesAndProcessesToSTOP.ps1"];

SetOptions[$FrontEndSession,
  FrontEndEventActions -> {"FrontEndQuit" :>
SystemOpen["C:\Users\x61Tablet\Documents
\ServicesAndProcessesToSTART.ps1"]}];

The first script runs fine. I can't figure out how to get the second
script to execute prior to Mathematica shutting down completely. (I
did check my execution policies and the scripts do work fine on their
own.)

In addition to advice on this trivial issue, I think you guys should
entertain me with entertaining/funny scripts that could be run. :)

-RG