Re: Fyi, Listing of Mathematica 7 functions (1869 functions)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg105009] Re: [mg104952] Fyi, Listing of Mathematica 7 functions (1869 functions)
  • From: "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma at 12000.org>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 05:17:02 -0500 (EST)

Ok, Final tally is completed.

I get 2559 functions in Mathematica 7 (Kernel and AddOns)

1920 functions in the kernel, and the rest in the AddOns packages.

A table showing each context and which functions in it is now on my page
below

http://12000.org/my_notes/compare_mathematica/index.htm

in the  version 7.0 row, look for the column before last.

Determining which are the functions in the packages was bit more tricky
since the InformationSytanx[] can't be used there. So had to do it the old
way, i.e. get the usage information for each symbol and parse it out looking
for lines that start with a name followed immediately by "[" to decide.

Well, 2559 functions does now match the result shown at Wolfram blog.

Please let me know if you see some functions still missing, or any packages
I've overlooked. I've used the Function Browser to decide which packages to
process.

--Nasser